If you live in or near Oklahoma City, make plans to attend next Tuesday’s WONDERFUL Innovative Learning Institute in Norman on November 6th. (That’s also ELECTION DAY.) Year in and year out, ILI is always one of the best education, learning, and educational technology conferences available for Oklahoma educators. ILI is sponsored by the K-20 Center at the University of Oklahoma, which (among other things) administers school technology grants and training for the Oklahoma Education Technology Trust.
The keynote speaker for ILI this year is Gary Stager. If you know anything about Gary, you’ll know that he always finds thought provoking ways to challenge his audiences. I’m sure his messages will be great and challenging. Gary has done and continues to do great work with students and teachers around the world, and has a wealth of wisdom as well as helpful experiences to share with educators.
I’ll be sharing a breakout session at ILI this year on “Mapping Media to the Common Core.” I hope to see you there! If you’re going and are on Twitter, please tweet the conference with the hashtag #k20ili.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Amazed by Edgar's Design Creativity in Minecraft - 2014
- Photographic Highlights and Mapping Media Learning from NW Illinois - 2013
- Podcast410: Powerful Listening - Powerful Influence: A Conversation with Tim Hast - 2013
- Digital Magazines: Text Plus Multimedia - 2011
- When Parents Don't Want Student Email - 2011
- Mirroring an iPad with iOS 5 & Apple TV - 2011
- Platforms for Interactively Sharing Student Work - 2010
- AudioBoo provides a great opportunity to record and share holiday memories - 2010
- The Research on Teaching Animation Design Art by Yang Huansong - 2009
- Viva Las Vegas with Elvis in Hangzhou, China - 2009