Today I attended and helped technologically facilitate a wonderful workshop presented by Karen Wicker. Karen is founder and President of Candor Public Relations in Oklahoma City, and presents workshops for a wide variety of audiences about crisis management, crisis media responses, and developing proactive organizational response plans to unexpected events. I took notes and will be sharing those soon, but tonight I want to share a series of five videos which Karen identified as great for discussions about public relations media responses to different situations. These videos can serve as conversation catalysts about a host of issues, not just PR and media crisis response. Check them out! Follow Candor Public Relations on Twitter at @candorpr.
The Power of Words (1:48)
(I used this one last year with my 6th grade Sunday School class in the context of how important the words we choose to say and write can be.)
BP’s PR Offensive (2:09)
(This is a case study in how NOT to craft and share crisis response messages in the mainstream media.)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Inspired by Ben Wilkoff's 6 Second Stories for Learning - 2014
- Creativity is a Decision: Keys to Developing Creativity in Children and Adults - 2011
- The Secret Sauce of Whole Foods by John Mackey - 2011
- Creating Conditions for the Extraordinary by Peter Gamwell - 2011
- Opening Plenary Session: 2011 Oklahoma Creativity Forum - 2011
- Firesheep should get your ATTENTION: Open Public Wifi Dangers are REAL - 2010
- Oklahoma Students Deserve Your YES Vote on SQ 744 - 2010
- Podcast362: State Question 744 and Oklahoma Education Funding @YESon744 - 2010
- Professional Association and Publication Potentials for ICT and 21st Century Learning in the Asia / Pacific Region - 2009
- Designing for Learning: Engaging Students and Teachers from the Arctic to Australia by Aaron Doering - 2009