Third graders in Mrs. Bounds‘ class at Parkland Elementary School learned about different kinds of bats in October. Working with the Parkland librarian, Mrs. Eskew, Mrs. Bounds helped her students take pictures of their bat artwork and narrate those pictures using the free website AudioBoo. Here are five of the student projects. It’s great to see Parkland students taking opportunities like these to practice their oral language fluency and communication skills, as well as their writing. Common Core State Standards, which Oklahoma schools are in the process of adopting, require students to communicate ideas online for a global audience. Way to go students, Mrs. Bounds, and Mrs. Eskew!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast333: Reflections on Social Media, School Change, 21st Century Learning Skills, and China - 2009
- Crescent Public Schools: A Beacon for Oklahoma Education - 2008
- Listening to Jeff Utecht from Kuala Lumpur - 2007
- A big screen! - 2007
- Social Bookmarking with Del.icio.us: It's about Information, Collaboration, and Access - 2007
- Free web-based audio conferencing - 2007
- No Ustream today - 2007
- ODLA Keynote Monday - Live and Recorded - 2007
- Podcast97: Bullying Prevention Panel (including cyberbullying) - 2006
- Dan Schmidt keynote: Beyond4Walls - 2006