We use Google calendars with appointment slots to let teachers book computer labs and other resources from our high school library. There is a mystery we need help solving: sometimes two teachers are able to reserve the same timeslot. Check out this short video for more details. If you have any suggestions or ideas about how we can solve this and not have this problem, please comment or send a tweet to:
NOTE: In preparing a links for this post, I read on Google’s official support page for calendar “appointment slots” that they are TERMINATING support for new appointment slots as of January 4, 2013. What TERRIBLE news. 🙁 So instead of just solving this problem I think we’re going to need an ALTERNATIVE solution to Google Calendar Appointment Slots. If you have ideas / suggestions please share…
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Give the Gift of Digital Security to Your Family - 2016
- Register for EdCampOKC 2016 Coming March 5th - 2015
- Exemplary MinecraftEDU Water Challenge Build - 2014
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure - 2010
- WordPress 2.9 adds image editing and video embedding via oEmbed - 2009
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype - 2009
- Discussing eBooks, the Kindle, and the iPhone Amazon Application via Ustream - 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging - 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade - 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning - 2007