I LOVE being able to read National Geographic magazine on my iPad! In so many ways, the iPad version of National Geographic defines the possibilities of engaging multimedia content on digital tablets. I recorded a five minute screencast today to explain and SHOW what I mean when I say, “The iPad app version of National Geographic magazine is AMAZING!” National Geographic on the iPad shows how powerful the combination of print, image, video, and hyperlinked media can be.
Check out the portions of the January 2013 issue I showcased in this video on:
I specifically highlighted the article “Risk Takers” and “The Moment: Fireside Spirit” by Karla Gachet. For more about Karla’s adventures in Ecuador, check out the 4.5 minute NG video, “Amazon Adventure—Documenting Life in Ecuador’s Yasuní National Park.”
An annual print subscription to National Geographic, which INCLUDES the iPad version free, is just $15. What are you waiting for? This is digital journalism at its finest!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Family New Years Green Screen Video - 2016
- Podcast365: Leadership Lessons for 1:1 Learning Projects from Leslie Wilson (The One-to-One Institute) - 2011
- Free 1 Year Bible on YouVersion - 2011
- Learning from Angela, Kern and Konrad - 2010
- Netbooks or eBook Readers for Students? - 2010
- Skype Virtual Guest Speakers and Collaboration wiki - 2009
- Resurrecting old conference notes before the days of blogging - 2009
- Podcast298: An Interview on Manitoba Morning Radio with Darren Kuropatwa about Numeracy, Literacy, Student Summary Blogging, Digital Learning and the K-12 Online Conference - 2009
- Paraphrased quotations from today's radio interviews in Winnipeg, Manitoba - 2009
- Encourage hands-on science inquiry! - 2008