I LOVE being able to read National Geographic magazine on my iPad! In so many ways, the iPad version of National Geographic defines the possibilities of engaging multimedia content on digital tablets. I recorded a five minute screencast today to explain and SHOW what I mean when I say, “The iPad app version of National Geographic magazine is AMAZING!” National Geographic on the iPad shows how powerful the combination of print, image, video, and hyperlinked media can be.
Check out the portions of the January 2013 issue I showcased in this video on:
I specifically highlighted the article “Risk Takers” and “The Moment: Fireside Spirit” by Karla Gachet. For more about Karla’s adventures in Ecuador, check out the 4.5 minute NG video, “Amazon Adventure—Documenting Life in Ecuador’s Yasuní National Park.”
An annual print subscription to National Geographic, which INCLUDES the iPad version free, is just $15. What are you waiting for? This is digital journalism at its finest!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast365: Leadership Lessons for 1:1 Learning Projects from Leslie Wilson (The One-to-One Institute) - 2011
- Free 1 Year Bible on YouVersion - 2011
- Learning from Angela, Kern and Konrad - 2010
- Netbooks or eBook Readers for Students? - 2010
- Skype Virtual Guest Speakers and Collaboration wiki - 2009
- Resurrecting old conference notes before the days of blogging - 2009
- Podcast298: An Interview on Manitoba Morning Radio with Darren Kuropatwa about Numeracy, Literacy, Student Summary Blogging, Digital Learning and the K-12 Online Conference - 2009
- Paraphrased quotations from today's radio interviews in Winnipeg, Manitoba - 2009
- Encourage hands-on science inquiry! - 2008
- Blogging to order and control consciousness - 2007