This Spring 2013 semester, twenty-four 4th and 5th grade students are participating in “Scratch Club” after school at Independence Elementary. STEM teacher Chris Simon is sponsoring the club, which students were invited to apply for in December. See the previous post, “Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch,” for more information about FREE Scratch programming software, how Scratch complements the STEM program at Independence and in Yukon Public Schools, and how ALL students at IES were introduced to Scratch this past fall semester. Today Mr. Simon, four IES Scratch Club students, and principal Cecil Bowles spoke briefly about why the Scratch Club has been started and what they are each looking forward to with Scratch Club. The video of their ideas (“Why Scratch Club?”) is 2.5 minutes long. Please check it out!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Temporarily Copy Offline YouTube Videos to Your iPad - 2012
- Claim Your Online Content With Google+ Authorship Settings - 2012
- Misleading Article About Oklahoma Lottery Funds Supplanting Education Funds - 2012
- The Power of Social Media Supporting Collaboration and Creativity: #popupschool at #cwf2010 - 2011
- WordPress Plugins for Database Maintenance and Plugin Listing - 2010
- Harry Potter Whiteboard Wands, Responders, and the Palm Pre - 2009
- The MegaVCR: Media and More in Your Pocket - 2007
- Simple Podcasting on a Global Scale - 2007
- Engaging Brains Through Games and Simulations by Bernie Dodge - 2007
- Building A Better Mousetrap: How Technology Will Improve Achievement - 2007