This Spring 2013 semester, twenty-four 4th and 5th grade students are participating in “Scratch Club” after school at Independence Elementary. STEM teacher Chris Simon is sponsoring the club, which students were invited to apply for in December. See the previous post, “Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch,” for more information about FREE Scratch programming software, how Scratch complements the STEM program at Independence and in Yukon Public Schools, and how ALL students at IES were introduced to Scratch this past fall semester. Today Mr. Simon, four IES Scratch Club students, and principal Cecil Bowles spoke briefly about why the Scratch Club has been started and what they are each looking forward to with Scratch Club. The video of their ideas (“Why Scratch Club?”) is 2.5 minutes long. Please check it out!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Temporarily Copy Offline YouTube Videos to Your iPad - 2012
- Claim Your Online Content With Google+ Authorship Settings - 2012
- Misleading Article About Oklahoma Lottery Funds Supplanting Education Funds - 2012
- The Power of Social Media Supporting Collaboration and Creativity: #popupschool at #cwf2010 - 2011
- WordPress Plugins for Database Maintenance and Plugin Listing - 2010
- Harry Potter Whiteboard Wands, Responders, and the Palm Pre - 2009
- The MegaVCR: Media and More in Your Pocket - 2007
- Simple Podcasting on a Global Scale - 2007
- Engaging Brains Through Games and Simulations by Bernie Dodge - 2007
- Building A Better Mousetrap: How Technology Will Improve Achievement - 2007