If you live in or near Oklahoma City, please join me tomorrow morning at Northwest Library (5600 NW 122nd, Oklahoma City, OK) for a free, 3 hour, hands-on workshop learning how to create multimedia / enhanced eBooks on the iPad. Complete details and links to RSVP are available on Meetup.com/playingwithmedia. The full session description is:
Bring your own iPad to this FREE 3 hour, hands-on digital workshop where we’ll learn how to create and share enhanced eBooks. Enhanced eBooks can include recorded audio as well as images and text. These kinds of eBooks are perfect for parents and grandparents to create with young readers, or for learners of any age to create! Check out some examples on ebooks.playingwithmedia.com.
We’ll use two different apps to create enhanced eBooks in this session, which you’ll want to purchase/install on your iPad in advance. They are:
This is a FREE meetup/workshop led by Dr. Wesley Fryer. Homeschoolers, classroom teachers, parents, grandparents, and anyone interested in creating enhanced eBooks as well as helping kids create enhanced ebooks are welcome to attend. Students 10 years old and older are also welcome to attend WITH a parent.
More information is available about Wesley’s ebook “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing” (2011) and “Mapping Media to the Common Core” (Feb 2013). More resources and links about creating enhanced eBooks are also available on Wesley’s wiki for this workshop: wiki.wesfryer.com/Home/handouts/ebooks
I’m very excited that the latest version of Book Creator for iPad (version 2.4) now supports hyperlinks as well as combining multiple projects into a single eBook. This is GREAT news for many folks, including students and teachers creating eBooks in the classroom, for class projects, or just for fun!
I hope to see you tomorrow morning at Northwest Library in Oklahoma City for this fun morning of eBook learning, playing, and creating!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Oklahoma City PS Students: Enroll in Virtual Classes for Fall 2013 by Feb 8th - 2013
- Supplemental Oklahoma Rules for K-12 Online Courses - 2012
- Avoiding AT&T's Ridiculous iPhone Data Fees by Switching to T-Mobile - 2012
- Is it right to decide to make your children famous? - 2011
- “Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Connected Learning Communities: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Storychasing the 2010 Trappers Rendezvous - 2010
- Update about the PodStock 2010 Conference - 2010
- From deer leg to Captain Hook's hook - 2010
- Get creative when the blogging light is lit - 2010