If you’re an educator in or near Oklahoma City, please mark your calendar for / tell your friends about / and RSVP for the next FREE “Playing with Media Meetup” at Northwest Library at 9:15 am on Friday, February 8, 2013. Our topic will be “Creating Games & Simulations with Scratch.” The meetup description is:
Come learn how to create stories, simulations and games with Scratch software in this FREE 3 hour, hands on BYOL (bring your own laptop) workshop. Scratch software (FREE for Windows & Mac) is a wonderful program for creativity and computational thinking. This FREE workshop will be led by Dr. Wesley Fryer, who has led several “Scratch Camps” for students as well as adults in the Oklahoma City area. This meetup is open to students 9 years and older, parents and educators. Homeschoolers are welcome! Scratch is a fantastic program for digital creativity, developing “STEM” skills like problem solving and computational thinking, and also having FUN! No prior knowledge or experience with Scratch is required for this workshop.
My first “Playing with Media Meetup” last Friday at Northwest Library went very well. We had 13 attend and participate. I’ve shared the recorded audio from that meet up on the “Fuel for Educational Change Agents” podcast channel in two parts: Part One and Part Two. Resources from the session are available on wiki.wesfryer.com/Home/handouts/ebooks.
I hope to see you on February 8th to learn more about using Scratch software!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Highlights from the 2013 Trappers Rendezvous Campout - 2013
- Create a Custom Digital Newspaper on your iPad with Flipboard & Google Reader - 2012
- OAESP Grant for Student Videography at Mustang, Elementary (Oklahoma) - 2012
- Vision for Educational Leadership in 30 Seconds: A Challenge #digitalvision2011 - 2011
- Things I Want To Model As Your Teacher - 2010
- iTunes - Age Restricted Material - 2010
- Taking class attendance with cell phone SMS messages and PollEverywhere - 2010
- Geotagged iReports from President Obama's Inauguration - 2009
- Podcast219: Powerful Tools, Powerful Possibilities - 2008
- Reflections on Dr. King's Dream - 2008