Due to lack of interest (I haven’t received any RSVPs / registrations to date) I’m canceling the FREE “Playing with Media Meetup” scheduled for this Friday, February 8th, in Oklahoma City on “Creating Games & Simulations with Scratch.” I’m hopeful I’ll get some registrations for the Friday, March 15th meetup I’ve scheduled at Northwest Library on “Creating iPad Digital Puppet Videos.” I also have a meetup in April scheduled for the 19th on “eBook Self-Publishing 101.” If you’re in or near Oklahoma City please consider registering and attending these free events, and sharing them with other educators as well as parents who might be interested.
I’m hopeful I’ll be able to lead another 5 day morning “Scratch Camp” in the OKC Metro Area over Spring Break, March 18-22. Those details have not been confirmed yet, however.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Toffler on Feeling Overwhelmed (in 1980) - 2013
- Playing with FeedWordPress: Planning for the Classroom Newspaper of Now - 2013
- Don't Blame School Officials if Your Child Chooses to Look at Porn on His Laptop - 2012
- Individual vs Team Blogs for PreService Edu Students (Comparing KidBlog & EduBlogs) - 2011
- Dangerous Winter Temperatures - Snow in Houston! - 2011
- Ideas for a Google Reader Assignment? - 2011
- IMPACT Oklahoma Grant Workshop 2010 Notes - 2010
- A case study on why team blog MODERATION is essential in schools - 2010
- President Obama: Please make REAL education transformation your goal - 2009
- Calling all Oklahoma Digital Storytellers! - 2008