Do you feel fearful about new technologies and overwhelmed by the pace of change all around us in society? You’re not alone. In 1980, futurist Alvin Toffler wrote the following statements in the introduction to his chapter, “The Mental Maelstrom” in his landmark book, “The Third Wave.”
Never before have so many people in so many countries— even educated and supposedly sophisticated people— been so intellectually helpless, drowning, as it were, in a maelstrom of conflicting, confusing, and cacophonous ideas. Colliding visions rock our mental universe.
That was 1980. This is 2013.
Toffler was and is a prophet of our times.
How is the curriculum at your school changing to reflect our dynamic (and yes, revolutionary) times?
 Toffler, Alvin. The Third Wave. Bantam, 1980. p. 289.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Cbus Flex-Gel iPad Cases: Fit Great in a Bretford iPad Cart - 2014
- Scratch Playing with Media Friday Meetup Cancelled (8 Feb 2013) - 2013
- Playing with FeedWordPress: Planning for the Classroom Newspaper of Now - 2013
- Don't Blame School Officials if Your Child Chooses to Look at Porn on His Laptop - 2012
- Individual vs Team Blogs for PreService Edu Students (Comparing KidBlog & EduBlogs) - 2011
- Dangerous Winter Temperatures - Snow in Houston! - 2011
- Ideas for a Google Reader Assignment? - 2011
- IMPACT Oklahoma Grant Workshop 2010 Notes - 2010
- A case study on why team blog MODERATION is essential in schools - 2010
- President Obama: Please make REAL education transformation your goal - 2009