I took the following photographs today in the hallway at Independence Elementary School in Yukon, Oklahoma. The GT teacher, Dawn Dukes, has helped students create audio narrations (powered by AudioBoo) linked via QR codes for independent study projects students completed recently. It’s a high-tech museum-like audio tour, in the hallways of IES in Yukon. What a great use of educational technology tools to help students practice their oral language skills as required by the Common Core State Standards! It’s especially cool since the library at IES has iPod Touches for students to check out, pre-loaded with QR Code reader apps like i-Nigma so students can listen to their peers share their reports.
I’ve embedded the accompanying audio recordings below each photo so you can check them out too!
Learn more about how Yukon students are using AudioBoo with QR codes in the October 2012 post, “Student-Created Sequoyah Book Reports, AudioBoo, iPads and QR Codes,” on the YPS Learning Showcase website. Learn more about using AudioBoo on the “Narrated Art” page of “Mapping Media to the Common Core.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Mobile Storyteller of North Canton City Schools, Ohio - 2018
- Security, Privacy, and Digital Citizenship (February 2017) - 2018
- Learning at #TXeducamp in Denton, Texas - 2016
- Find & Highlight Duplicates in Excel 2011 for Mac - 2015
- Manipulated FoxNews Video Shows Why eBooks are the WRONG Choice for K-12 1:1 Environments - 2011
- Civil War Augmented Reality Project Becomes HistoriQuest - 2011
- Photo memories in an old box - 2010
- WordPress for iPhone 2.2 Even Better - 2010
- Fun with XTimeline and myWebspiration - 2009
- Howe Oklahoma Students lead virtual field trip at Fort Smith, Arkansas - 2009