I’m hoping to loan a new iPad Mini to my daughter’s 3rd grade teacher for the rest of this semester, so she and her students can create enhanced eBooks with some of the stories / writing projects they’ve been working on. Today I configured it with apps I’d previously purchased on my iTunes account, which I thought would be appropriate / helpful for the 3rd graders. (My daughters also added a few apps I wouldn’t have installed, including Netflix and some games.) Here are screenshots of the apps as I’ve organized them. Keeping in mind this is a 3rd grade classroom, what apps do you think I’m missing that should be added?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Orbital Perspective: Inspired by Chris Hadfield, Ed Robertson, the Wexford Gleeks and Rod Murray - 2020
- Thoughts on Media Control and Free Speech Limits - 2016
- Reflections on changing history, national identity, and cultural events in the American midwest - 2008
- Converting text to and from speech for accessibility and convenience - 2008
- Copyright questions and answers about iTunes, Podcasts, and Fair Use - 2008
- Alexander in the Boston Globe - 2007
- Avoiding shock and awe in Plato's cave - 2007
- First "digital dialog" podcast - 2007
- Podcasting in Higher Ed Roundtable - 2006
- WiFi Picture Frame - 2006