I’m hoping to loan a new iPad Mini to my daughter’s 3rd grade teacher for the rest of this semester, so she and her students can create enhanced eBooks with some of the stories / writing projects they’ve been working on. Today I configured it with apps I’d previously purchased on my iTunes account, which I thought would be appropriate / helpful for the 3rd graders. (My daughters also added a few apps I wouldn’t have installed, including Netflix and some games.) Here are screenshots of the apps as I’ve organized them. Keeping in mind this is a 3rd grade classroom, what apps do you think I’m missing that should be added?
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Reflections on changing history, national identity, and cultural events in the American midwest - 2008
- Converting text to and from speech for accessibility and convenience - 2008
- Copyright questions and answers about iTunes, Podcasts, and Fair Use - 2008
- Alexander in the Boston Globe - 2007
- Avoiding shock and awe in Plato's cave - 2007
- First "digital dialog" podcast - 2007
- Podcasting in Higher Ed Roundtable - 2006
- WiFi Picture Frame - 2006
- SuprGlu feed river - 2006
- Share Bubbleshares on a Blog - 2006