This podcast is an interview with 9 year old Rachel, who has been playing Club Penguin on and off for the past three years. Rachel discusses what she enjoys doing in Club Penguin, password issues she has learned about, safety issues, and some suggestions for kids who are new to the game. This podcast was entirely recorded, edited and published on an iPad using Voice Record Pro, DropBox, GoodReader, iTransfer, WordPress for iOS, a self-hosted WordPress blog, and an iRig microphone.
- Club Penguin
- A Tour of Club Penguin (February 2013) – 23 minute screencast by Rachel
- Voice Record Pro ($2 – for podcast recording, editing & uploading)
- DropBox (free – for copying bumper audio links)
- GoodReader ($5 – for downloading show bumpers & opening in Voice Record Pro)
- iTransfer (free – for uploading final podcast via ftp to web host)
- WordPress for iOS (free – for posting)
- WordPress (free – content management system)
- iRig Microphone ($60)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast channel
- Follow Wesley on Twitter: @wfryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- WordPressOKC Meetup Notes: 31 March 2014 - 2014
- Why Are Thousands of Oklahoma Teachers Protesting Today at the Capitol? - 2014
- We all can learn a great deal from a great kindergarten teacher - 2010
- Fear not: The digital age is a great season for reading - 2010
- Podcast310: All a Twitter about Twitter: Micro-Blogging as a Professional Networking Tool by Beth Knittle (MASSCUE 2008) - 2009
- Join the live conversation today: Opportunities and Challenges for Web 2.0 in Schools - 2009
- Visualizing evidence for dark matter - 2008
- iPhone Web App explorations begin - 2008
- We all need more sleep - 2006