My 2011 eBook, “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing” is now available on Google Play.
A “standard ePUB version” of this eBook has been available from my PlayingWithMedia website and on the Barnes & Noble eBookstore for Nook since July of 2011, but I’ve additionally published the eBook on Google Play now because I want it to be available for students / teachers / professors using the SubText for iPad application.* If you’re not familiar with SubText yet, you need to be. It’s the first eBook / eReader application I’ve seen and used which permits students in particular classes to have discussions WITHIN an eText. We’re using SubText as our primary eReader application in my spring 2013 course, “Mapping Media to the Common Core: Part 1” offered through through Western Montana CSPD and the University of Montana. I absolutely LOVE the opportunity SubText provides to have contextual discussions “within an eBook.”
Check out the “Why SubText” page of the SubText website, subtitled, “Welcome to 21st century classroom reading” for more details about why this free app is so AMAZING for eReading.
I created a six minute narrated slideshow a few weeks ago using the EduCreations app on my iPad titled, “Introduction To Subtext For iPad,” for the 36 Montana students enrolled in the Mapping Media to Common Core course this semester.
Have you seen, encountered or used other eReader apps or platforms which permit this kind of “class discussion within an eBook?”
* “Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing” is also available on Amazon.com for Kindle. That version is in .mobi format for the Kindle, however, and is not a “standard ePUB.” It has it’s own ISBN number since it’s in a different format.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Update and Manage Multiple WordPress Sites with InfiniteWP - 2013
- Speaking Out Against Common Core High Stakes Testing & Corporate Driven Education Reform - 2013
- Podcast374: iPads for Differentiation in a Primary Classroom - 2011
- What does a 21st century learner look like? - 2010
- New Media Literacies by Vanessa Vartabedian - 2010
- Google introduces translation for animals - 2010
- Professional Development Opportunities Over Video via the CILC - 2009
- Test Anxiety Woes - 2009
- Join The New Energy Army's Virtual March on Washington Today - 2009
- Time to get on the mobile learning train! - 2008