Our school has about 800 students (200 per grade) and we are requiring all our freshmen to start a blog about their school experience, and maintain it over their 4 years here. Regardless of what program they choose to create their blog, they have to be organized in a manner that allows different populations to find and read them. And this system has to be robust enough to support 200 additional blogs each year, organized by homeroom and accessible to users with all sorts of ability levels (ranging from highly skilled to terrified, and who are universally too busy to go far out of their way to troubleshoot).
Read his entire recent post, “The Heir Apparent…” (about Feedly and Google Reader) to get more context. Myron is @myroniusbuckus on Twitter and blogs on the Digital Bridge. I love the term “digital bridge” in the context of educational technology.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Recommended Reading for Oklahoma Digital Learning Summit: 19-20 April 2012 - 2012
- Spoken Word Poetry, Project V.O.I.C.E. and Sarah Kay at #tedxokc - 2011
- Create a web feed for school sites which don't provide/support RSS - 2010
- Transitioning to 1:1 Netbooks via BYOL - 2009
- Podcast242: Solving the Publish At Will Challenge for K-12 Teachers with Podcast Producer - 2008
- 10,000 miles apart and learning - 2008
- links for 2008-04-08 - 2008
- NCCE 2008 workshop audio recordings - 2008
- Positive impressions of WordPress 2.5 - 2008
- MySpace defamation suit highlights important issues - 2007