This podcast features twenty-five Montana teachers and one Oklahoma teacher answering the question, “Why We Teach?” Many of these teachers share stories about the teacher or teachers who inspired them to join the profession, and why they have persevered as education professionals. These recordings were originally made using the free AudioBoo (Classic) app on iPads, and then imported into the free software program Audacity. A twenty minute video tutorial about this process is available and linked in the podcast shownotes, along with other referenced sites.
- AudioBoo Channel for Mapping Media to the Common Core Montana
- Information about the class: Mapping Media to the Common Core Part 1
- Radio Show page of Mapping Media to the Common Core
- AudioBoo Classic app for iOS (free)
- 20 minute video tutorial: Create a Multi-Track Radio Show (Podcast) with Audacity
- iTunes software (free)
- Audacity software (free)
- SoundCloud (great for podcast hosting, but free accounts are limited)
- DropBox (free)
- The Levellator software (free)
- Cyberduck (free)
- PodPress Plugin for WordPress (free)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast channel
- Follow Wesley on Twitter: @wfryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Understanding Why eBooks "Feel Different" - 2013
- Separate Wifi Access Point Works Best with Apple TV on Busy Network - 2012
- Tips for adding images to Custom Google Maps #gct - 2011
- Podcast345: Open Educational Resources (OER) - Iowa 1:1 Institute - 2010
- Podcast344: Technology Trends in Higher Education (April 2010) - 2010
- How do you feel about students bringing laptops to class? - 2010
- Learners and teachers as tour guides - 2008
- Comments I had missed - 2007
- Rethinking WalMart Patronage - 2007
- Bill and Melinda are Terrified - 2006