Today was the second day of a three-day “Paper Slide Video” project I’m helping a 7th grade geography teacher facilitate. This morning during first period class we recorded a sample paper-slide video (following the rubric we created together) on China’s One Child Policy. For the slides I drew, I utilized the wonderful website populationpyramid.net. It allows users, via a web browser, to not only view the current population pyramid of specific countries, but also select different dates in the past or future to show historic or projected population levels by gender. I love the overall historical population charts at the top as well. I used the population chart information for both China and India on my slides. Definitely check out this website, LOTS of great conversations can ensue with your students!
For additional resources and links related to paper-slide videos, check out the “Quick-Edit Video” page of Mapping Media to the Common Core.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Upload Videos Using the iPhone YouTube App - 2017
- Book Review: "It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens" by danah boyd - 2014
- Bark Buddy iOS Game Development Begins with GameSalad - 2012
- Use a cell phone supporting 3 way calling to record audio interviews - 2011
- Create a Moderated Classroom Phonecasting Channel with iPadio - 2011
- Proposed K12 virtual school legislation in Florida a sign of things to come - 2011
- Openness is the only means of doing education - 2010
- What's magical? A bluetooth keyboard and an iPad - 2010
- Tools for facilitating PBL? - 2008
- links for 2008-04-18 - 2008