This summer you’re invited to join Dr. Wesley Fryer for three days of hands-on, engaging professional development in iPad Media Camp. If you are interested in Common Core aligned professional development, digital literacy, student engagement and improving student achievement, iPad Media Camp is the summer workshop for you.
This innovative, three day experience is designed specifically for K-12 and university-level faculty/instructors. In iPad Media Camp participants will learn how to use iPads to create a variety of media products and facilitate these projects with students. Projects can be modified for use in every grade level and content area, kindergarten through college-level. Each day will focus on different products and apps:
- Day 1: Narrated Art, Narrated Slideshows and Screencasts
- Day 2: Quick-edit Videography and Paper-slide Videos
- Day 3: eBooks and Interactive Writing
iPad Media Camp will be offered twice this summer:
- June 10-12 in Oklahoma City (hosted by The Casady School in northwest OKC)
- July 9-11 in Manhattan, Kansas (hosted by the College of Education at Kansas State University)
Substantially discounted “early bird” registration is available through May 11th (for Oklahoma City) and through June 9th (for Manhattan, Kansas). For those traveling to iPad Media Camp from out-of-town and out-of-state, nearby lodging suggestions for each week of camp are available.
Please download, forward via email, and/or print these flyers in PDF format with other teachers, administrators, and staff in your school who might be interested in this professional development opportunity:
- PDF flyer: June 10-12 Oklahoma City iPad Media Camp
- PDF flyer: July 9-11 Manhattan, Kansas, iPad Media Camp
Here are some of the reactions of teachers who participated in iPad Media Camp in summer 2012:
Dr. Fryer made the impossible happen for me. I was able to create movies and books! I’m an old dog and he made it fun and easy to learn new tricks. Great workshop and a great presenter.
If you are interested in coming up with innovative ways to engage your students in class with media they are truly interested in, you need to attend this camp. The things I’ve learned in this camp, and others taught by Wes, have made my class exciting for kids to attend and helped make them responsible media creators.
Go directly to Media Camp. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200! It was so worth my time. Even old dogs can learn new tricks! Thank you for all your hard work.
The curriculum from the June 2012 iPad Media Camp is available online. Curriculum is being revised for summer 2013, but will include many elements from last summer’s workshops.
Check out the two minute video trailer from iPad Media Camp 2012 to learn more!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Options for Uploading Videos to YouTube with School Filtering - 2014
- Steeply Discounted Digital Storytelling Workshops: June 5-6 & June 19-20 (Oklahoma City) - 2013
- Apps and Clouds: An Introduction to Internet Resources - 2012
- Creativity unleashed with LEGO Stopmotion music videos and movie scene re-enactments - 2010
- Join conversations in the LIVE DEN Virtual Conference - 2010
- Tales from an adventurer living off the grid - 2008
- links for 2008-04-24 - 2008
- Ian Jukes shares thoughts on YouTube - 2007
- PBWikis ad-free for educators! - 2007
- Golf, creativity, failure and learning - 2007