This evening felt like I was in a movie. As I drove down our street into our neighborhood I could see wispy storm clouds moving like the fingers of an angry witch, barely highlighted by the ambient light of the streetlights. I parked out front and brought my bags in, and before I could open our garage I heard the hail starting. I ran out and pulled in our van, and the hail started coming down heavier. I wondered if I should go out again and risk getting hit, but the hail wasn’t larger than marble size so I did. Running out to my car, my left pointer finger was struck by a large hailstone that really smarted. I pulled my car up to the garage entrance but saw I hadn’t pulled the van far enough to the side. I jumped out, backed out the van, and pulled in it in the garage as far over as I could. Then I ran out to get in my car, but the hail was intensifying and I held my breath hoping I would not be struck in the head by a large stone. I got in my car and pulled it into the garage as larger stones were falling and hitting loudly. I literally pulled both cars in the garage in the nick of time, if I’d started the process even 30 seconds later, I don’t think I would have been able to do it – the hail got VERY intense right as I drove our second car into the garage. I closed the garage door, and then recorded this 30 second audio clip of the hailstones hitting the metal garage door and the concrete outside. Praise God I was not struck in the head by a hailstone, and I got our cars in the garage to safety. Life’s exciting living in Oklahoma City!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- The Portable $500 LED Projector I Want - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- A Call to Action: Waging a War to Save our Republic - 2011
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- Podcast313: Top 10 Reasons to Be a StoryChaser - 2009
- Podcast248: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast06 - Cell Phones and Mobile Devices for Learning (Part 1 of 3) - 2008
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008
- Podcast148: Building 21st Century Achievers (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2007