- Has HDMI and VGA connections
- LED powered so bulb should last 10 years (yes that’s not a typo: TEN years!)
- Can run on electricity continually or about an hour on the internal battery
- Built-in speaker, but also has connection for external 1/8″ audio speakers
Biggest disadvantage at this point: These are not for sale individually online, apparently, you have to go through a retailer.
Having eyed the Pico Projector since 2008, a small projector like this sounds very appealing. Hopefully we’ll see projectors with even lower price points, and equivalent functions, showing up on Amazon and in Brookstone soon. Brookstone’s “Compact 85-Lumen Pocket Projector” is appealing but not as feature-packed and powerful as the CooLux LED DLP Projector.
Steve showed off the WiPad Pro using the projector today, which is a $400 ($300 with edu discount) RF wireless mirroring solution for the iPad. It does not require Bonjour networking to be turned on, which is a sticking point with some network admins. It’s pricey as iPad mirroring options go but good to know about. See the wonderful comparative table on Tony Vincent’s post, “Mirror iPad, iPhone, iPod to Your Screen for Free,” for more iPad mirroring options.
I’ll be presenting a 3 day iPad Media Camp this summer in both Oklahoma City (June 10-12) and Manhattan, Kansas (July 9-11). PDF flyers about iPad Media Camp are available, please share it with other educators you know who might be interested!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- My Hail Story - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- A Call to Action: Waging a War to Save our Republic - 2011
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- Podcast313: Top 10 Reasons to Be a StoryChaser - 2009
- Podcast248: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast06 - Cell Phones and Mobile Devices for Learning (Part 1 of 3) - 2008
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008
- Podcast148: Building 21st Century Achievers (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2007