Pam Tarlton is a 5th grade writing teacher at Piedmont Intermediate School in Piedmont, Oklahoma. With the support of her principal, Shawn Blankenship, Pam introduced interactive writing to her students this year using the free website, KidBlog. Pam told the story of how her 150 pound mastiff dog, Benny, played an important role in helping her students gain confidence and fluency in blogging this year in the 5.5 minute video, “Benny’s Banter.” Please check out and share the video! Also check out and comment on student posts on their Kidblog site, “Tarlton’s Terrific Troupe.”
We need more teachers like Pam and school administrators like Shawn supporting the creative uses of interactive writing in the classroom! Check out and follow more innovative Oklahoma educators from my (now almost 200 strong) Twitter List of Oklahoma educators. Know someone who is not on that list and should be? Please tweet me!
If you’d like to learn how to create videos like this, sign up to attend one of the “steeply discounted” digital storytelling workshops offered by Storychasers in Oklahoma City in June!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- More Than Bandwidth: FCC Should Address Content Filtering in Schools - 2013
- STEM and Scratch Resources (May 2013) - 2013
- iPad Quick Edit Videography (free video PD) - 2012
- Waiting for a Cator Tweet - 2011
- Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA? - 2011
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable - 2011
- eBook function: Quick dictionary lookups - 2010
- Simplifying Copyright Guidance for Educators - 2009
- Using Yahoo Pipes to Create a Single-User Contribution Feed from a Team Blog - 2009
- A group TO DO list webapp? - 2008