Jennie Wilmes, the K-3 librarian at Shedeck Elementary School in Yukon, Oklahoma, has been working with teachers this semester on a new “digital way” to help students learn proper procedures at school. Using some very talented student actors, Mrs. Wilmes created and published six short videos to her Library YouTube channel which showcase proper procedures for using the bathroom, walking in the hallway, attending the morning “sunrise” assembly, eating in the cafeteria, staying safe on the playground, and checking out books from the library. Mrs. Wilmes collected all six videos in a single YouTube playlist, so teachers at Shedeck (as well as parents and students, with assistance) can access these terrific videos. They range in duration from 37 seconds to 1 minute and 57 seconds each. Mrs. Wilmes recorded, edited and published these videos to YouTube using an iPad and the iPad app, iMovie. Gayla Pounds, the literacy coach at Shedeck, also assisted with the video recording. Check out these super videos featuring Shedeck students!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- FREE Oklahoma City STEM Workshop: June 4-5, 2014 - 2014
- Read an Enhanced eBook in the Chrome Browser with Readium - 2013
- Share Words and Pictures of Encouragement and Love with #moorehugs - 2013
- Remembering the Oklahoma City Bombing (supplementary curriculum videos) - 2010
- VoiceThread questions for graduating seniors - 2008
- Thank you Vicki Davis! - 2008
- My OLPC dream comes true - 2008
- No videoconference to Williamsburg - I'm sad - 2008
- K-12 Online 2007: Call for Proposals! - 2007
- Blogs like a neutron bomb! - 2006