Londa Mandron, my 9th grade son’s debate teacher at Classen School of Advanced Studies in Oklahoma City, lost her entire home in the devastating tornado which hit Moore, Oklahoma, on Monday, May 20, 2013. Several people have contacted me about things they can do, or their class at school can do, to help in the wake of this terrible tragedy. In addition to the options to send money which I shared on Monday, this is an excellent opportunity to help a specific person and family.
Catherine Armitage, another ClassenSAS parent, has created a list of items Mrs. Madron’s family needs on SignUpGenius. You can visit this link to sign up for items you would like to provide, and can drop them off at the ClassenSAS speech/debate room. If you need to ship them, contact Catherine by phone (405-626-7964) to figure out the best shipment address. You can also drop off or send a check, make it payable to ClassenSAS PTSA and write “Madron” in the subject line.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Set Your Default YouTube Upload Channel - 2015
- Why Your School Needs a Scratch Club [VIDEO] - 2013
- Scratch Camp in Edmond, Oklahoma: June 8-9, 2012 - 2012
- iPad Notetaking: NOT Impressed with PaperPort Notes App - 2012
- Passion Projects, Learning and Innovation - 2011
- Dropped iPad - 2010
- Why Storychasing is relevant for all educators - Contextual learning about copyright is important - 2009
- Burning a DVD of a web-based video quick - 2009
- Great teacher interview questions - 2008
- links for 2008-05-22 - 2008