I love this quotation. The full article is thought provoking and worth reading.
Woz was able to invent the future because he had a hacker mentality, that combination of burning curiosity, patience and creativity that enables people to figure things out though epic trial-and-error. He was a tweaker, solderer, tester, reverse-engineer, dumpster diver and code experimenter.
From “Why the Nexus 4 is a Great First Computer for Kids” on Cult of Android.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Digitizing an Elementary Writing Portfolio - 2011
- YouTube can change your life: Just ask Greyson Chance - 2010
- Throwing away 6th grade - OR - The case for online portfolios - 2010
- Thank you, Rick Riordan! - 2008
- Juarez violence trivialized by some media headlines - 2008
- Thumbs down for Indy Jones 4, thumbs up for Prince Caspian - 2008