I love this quotation. The full article is thought provoking and worth reading.
Woz was able to invent the future because he had a hacker mentality, that combination of burning curiosity, patience and creativity that enables people to figure things out though epic trial-and-error. He was a tweaker, solderer, tester, reverse-engineer, dumpster diver and code experimenter.
From “Why the Nexus 4 is a Great First Computer for Kids” on Cult of Android.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Digitizing an Elementary Writing Portfolio - 2011
- YouTube can change your life: Just ask Greyson Chance - 2010
- Throwing away 6th grade - OR - The case for online portfolios - 2010
- Thank you, Rick Riordan! - 2008
- Juarez violence trivialized by some media headlines - 2008
- Thumbs down for Indy Jones 4, thumbs up for Prince Caspian - 2008