Internet Radio Shows can be wonderful sources of inspiration and ideas. Publishing online radio shows, or audio podcasts, can be challenging because of the hosting and “web feed” creation requirements they present, however. Fortunately, web services like Spreaker and Podomatic can streamline these processes, but there are many other workflows Internet radio show creators use to publish podcasts.
In this 13 minute screencast, I explain and demonstrate the process I’m following to migrate my audio podcasts from a web hosting account to Amazon S3. Specifically, I’ve moved my primary blog (Moving at the Speed of Creativity) to the WPengine.com web host, but my 5 GB of audio podcasts (created since 2005) have moved to Amazon S3 thanks to the paid assistance of WPvalet. I use the PodPress plugin for WordPress along with the software program “Feed for All for Mac” for my primary podcast. Even though my actual podcast files have successfully moved to Amazon S3, I still have to update links both in individual blog posts for each podcast episode, and in my “web feed.” In this screencast I demonstrate the steps I’m having to take to migrate all my podcasts so they work from their new hosting location in the Amazon S3 cloud. Because of the demands which podcast downloading/streaming can put on a hosting account’s web server, WPengine requires customers to host those podcast files with another service. In addition to considering Amazon S3, Libsyn is another popular podcasting service to consider if you’re looking for a similar solution.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding the Puerto Rican Blackout: Bank Regulation, Bureaucratic Inefficiency and Leadership - 2018
- Inspiration from a Navy Seal (William McRaven) and NBA Player (Caron Butler) - 2014
- Controversy Surrounds OKCPS Transfer Rejections for ClassenSAS - 2013
- Gotta Keep Learning! Video Remix by Steed Elementary Students in Oklahoma - 2011
- Painting with LED Light Pens and Sidewalk Chalk - 2010
- We've come so far, so fast - And we need more digital witnesses in the Oklahoma panhandle! - 2009
- Amazed by international connections - 2008
- Reflections on IQ, cognitive development, and distributed learning - 2008
- A science fair project changing the world? - 2008
- Diigo difficulties - 2008