Today in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, I shared the six minute video, “Developing Communication Skills With YouTube & iPad Videos” with teachers, librarians, and school division educational consultants.
This video was originally shared on the “Learning Showcase Website” of Yukon Public Schools in Oklahoma. Inspired by the work of Giulia Forsythe and Rachel Smith on visual notetaking, workshop participants drew / created “nonlinguistic representations” of some of the ideas shared by 4/5 grade teacher Ginger Gregory and her students in this video. Here are a few examples.
See my post from Monday, “Learning about Visual Notetaking from Giulia Forsythe” as well as the “Visual Notetaking” page of Mapping Media to the Common Core for more resources related to visual notes. Lots of good instructional strategies here using technology, which is very practical in BYOD settings!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- A Radio Spot from Sir Ken Robinson Reminding Voters About the Importance of Teachers - 2013
- What Makes an Effective Technology Committee in Education (v.2) - 2012
- Social networking sites (SNS), Convivial Technologies and Digital Discipline - 2011
- Limewire in the classroom and the principal's office - 2010
- First YouTube video published directly from the iPhone GS (Irrelevant Paper) - 2009
- links for 2008-06-20 - 2008
- Podcasting facilities to be provided at NECC 2008 - 2008
- Changing the Face of Our Educational Practice Using Web 2.0 Technologies - 2007
- Building Schoolwide Online Collaboration - 2007
- Megamedia in Your Pocket: Nuts and Bolts of iPods, A/V and Education - 2007