Today in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, I shared the six minute video, “Developing Communication Skills With YouTube & iPad Videos” with teachers, librarians, and school division educational consultants.
This video was originally shared on the “Learning Showcase Website” of Yukon Public Schools in Oklahoma. Inspired by the work of Giulia Forsythe and Rachel Smith on visual notetaking, workshop participants drew / created “nonlinguistic representations” of some of the ideas shared by 4/5 grade teacher Ginger Gregory and her students in this video. Here are a few examples.
See my post from Monday, “Learning about Visual Notetaking from Giulia Forsythe” as well as the “Visual Notetaking” page of Mapping Media to the Common Core for more resources related to visual notes. Lots of good instructional strategies here using technology, which is very practical in BYOD settings!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast425: Reflections on the 2015 Mobile Learning Experience - 2015
- KidBlog Update - 2015
- A Radio Spot from Sir Ken Robinson Reminding Voters About the Importance of Teachers - 2013
- What Makes an Effective Technology Committee in Education (v.2) - 2012
- Social networking sites (SNS), Convivial Technologies and Digital Discipline - 2011
- Limewire in the classroom and the principal's office - 2010
- First YouTube video published directly from the iPhone GS (Irrelevant Paper) - 2009
- links for 2008-06-20 - 2008
- Podcasting facilities to be provided at NECC 2008 - 2008
- Changing the Face of Our Educational Practice Using Web 2.0 Technologies - 2007