This week in iPad Media Camp at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, it was a great joy to teach alongside both my daughters, Sarah and Rachel.
On day 3, when we focused on eBooks and interactive writing, Rachel shared the story of how her 3rd grade teacher last year learned about creating enhanced eBooks with “Book Creator for iPad” and helped students make a wonderful eBook which included photographs of their original art, their written texts, and their recorded voices reading their short paragraphs about “Our Favorite Books.”
Sarah and I recorded Rachel’s presentation, along with the follow-up comments I added from a parent volunteer perspective. The video is just under eight minutes long.
I’ve shared a bit about this enhanced ebook project previously. See the past posts, “Read an Enhanced eBook in the Chrome Browser with Readium,” “Interview on the Techlandia Podcast and Webshow,” and “Lessons Learned: Hosting & Leading Local Technology Integration Workshops” for more related ideas. The eBook is available in four different FREE formats online:
- As an enhanced ePub eBook playable on an iOS device or in the free Readium plugin for Google Chrome
- As a PDF eBook
- As a printed book available for purchase on Lulu.com
- As a screencast on YouTube
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Follow Lady Gaga, Dean Shareski & Justin Bieber on Twitter - 2012
- Turn On Comment Moderation on a YouTube Video - 2012
- Balancing Open and Closed Web Publishing - 2011
- Build Your PLN - 2010
- Top Android Phone Apps - 2010
- Connecting History and Art Through Video Creation - 2009
- Podcast264: Grassroots Creativity: Helping Everyone Become a Creative Thinker by Dr. Mitchel Resnick - 2008
- links for 2008-07-13 - 2008
- Pillaged Webkinz pets at JC Pennys - 2008
- A Google cache saved my life tonight! - 2008