This past spring semester, I taught “Mapping Media to the Common Core: Part 1” for 36 teachers around the state of Montana. We met seven times “live” over H.323 video, thanks to the awesome videoconferencing bridging help of VisionNet in Montana, and also used a variety of online tools to learn together. Western Montana CSPD coordinated course registration and arranged for graduate credit through the University of Montana. Yesterday on my way up to the 2013 Podstock Conference in Wichita, Kansas, I used Spreaker (a free app for iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad) to record 53 minutes of reflections about my “lessons learned” from teaching this class. Since Spreaker limits individual episodes to 30 minutes in length, this audio podcast is in two parts.
Part 2: Lessons Learned Teaching MMCCMT (23 min, 2 sec)
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Wind Energy in the Classroom at Podstock 2013 - 2013
- A Video Lecture You Won't Soon Forget: Video Games and Storytelling - 2012
- Webcasting with Ustream, an iPad, a Tripod & an XLR Boundary Microphone - 2012
- It's not a real spider, it's just a smartphone - 2011
- Alan November's website was hacked - 2010
- River Rafting in Colorado with Buffalo Joe's on the Arkansas River - 2010
- A free online musical - But watch out - No ratings here... - 2008
- Know any fantastic Drupal developers? - 2008
- 50 iPhone emails today - 2007
- Tell a story with 5 photos for educators - 2007