This podcast is an audio recording of Brad Waid and Drew Minock’s presentation, “Game Changing Apps” at the Podstock Conference in Wichita, Kansas, on July 19, 2013. The official conference session description was: Game Changing Apps with Brad Waid, Drew Minock. We will be presenting game changing apps for student engagement, teacher productivity, and augmented reality. We will show you how we are using these apps to change the culture and engagement in our classroom and our school. This session will benefit all grade levels and administrators. This is happening now! Come see how we are changing the game!
- Two Guys and Some iPads (Brad and Drew’s website)
- Brad Waid on Twitter: @Techbradwaid
- Drew Minock on Twitter: @TechMinock
- Cargo-Bot app (free – problem solving game)
- Codea app ($10 – was used to build Cargo-Bot entirely on an iPad!)
- Three Ring app (free – digital portfolios)
- Mystery Math Town app
- Remind 101 app
- Explain Everything app
- AR Flashcards app
- NASA 3D Space Craft app (free)
- Daqri app
- Aurasma app
- Marco Tempest: A magical tale (with augmented reality) – TED Talk March 2012
- Podstock 2013
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast465: Reflections on The 2019 Summer Institute on Digital Literacy - 2019
- Remembering the Days of Kodachrome - 2011
- Digital boundaries are few and far between in Technopoly - 2010
- Google Documents introduces Templates - 2009
- Chaiwan, The Innovation Economy, and our need to Educationally as well as Economically Re-Imagine Ourselves - 2009
- Pocket camcorder first impressions - 2008
- Unstructured practice can be a key to excellence - 2007
- VoiceThread versus BubbleShare - 2007
- Email becoming irrelevant? Not for most teachers! - 2007
- Make eBooks, webpages, quizzes and other content iPod-mobile! - 2007