This podcast is an audio recording of Jennifer Magiera and Autumn Laidler’s ISTE 2013 presentation, “Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom.” The official session description was: Find ways to leverage social media, such as Twitter, blogs, Google Moderator and YouTube to amplify K-12 student learning and create more authentic learning environments. Refer to the podcast shownotes to Autumn’s blog, “Science in the City,” and Jennie’s blog, “Teaching Like It’s 2999.” This was a FANTASTIC presentation about truly helping students to discover their voices, be empowered to responsibly and constructively share their voices / ideas with others on social media, and make learning much more engaging for everyone concerned. Jenny and Autumn rock! Their students and fellow teachers are blessed to know them and work with them in Chicago Public Schools!
- Jennifer Magiera on Twitter: @MsMagiera
- Jennifer Magiera’s blog, Teaching Like It’s 2999
- Autumn Laidler on Twitter: @MsLaidler
- Autumn Laidler’s blog, Science in the City
- Ms. Laidler’s Vimeo Channel (includes many student videos!)
- Today’s Meet
- Text notes from this session (by @wfryer)
- Fuel 4 Educational Change Agents (secondary podcast channel by @wfryer)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast454: Inspiring Student Creativity with Media #KVATE2017 - 2017
- Indeed You Are Powerful - Digital Screen - 2015
- Furniture Quest for a Collaborative Classroom - 2015
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008