This podcast is an audio recording of Jennifer Magiera and Autumn Laidler’s ISTE 2013 presentation, “Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom.” The official session description was: Find ways to leverage social media, such as Twitter, blogs, Google Moderator and YouTube to amplify K-12 student learning and create more authentic learning environments. Refer to the podcast shownotes to Autumn’s blog, “Science in the City,” and Jennie’s blog, “Teaching Like It’s 2999.” This was a FANTASTIC presentation about truly helping students to discover their voices, be empowered to responsibly and constructively share their voices / ideas with others on social media, and make learning much more engaging for everyone concerned. Jenny and Autumn rock! Their students and fellow teachers are blessed to know them and work with them in Chicago Public Schools!
- Jennifer Magiera on Twitter: @MsMagiera
- Jennifer Magiera’s blog, Teaching Like It’s 2999
- Autumn Laidler on Twitter: @MsLaidler
- Autumn Laidler’s blog, Science in the City
- Ms. Laidler’s Vimeo Channel (includes many student videos!)
- Today’s Meet
- Text notes from this session (by @wfryer)
- Fuel 4 Educational Change Agents (secondary podcast channel by @wfryer)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008
- Will the 4th screen bring us together? - 2008
- Beware the dangers of multi-tasking - 2007