These are the slides I’ll be using for the opening keynote tomorrow at the 2013 TechKnowledgey Conference at the University of Montana in Missoula, sponsored by Blackfoot Telecom and Western Montana CSPD. The presentation includes quite a bit of new content for me, and I’ve titled it, “Welcome to Hogwarts.”
The description I included on the SlideShare is:
As exponential digital changes continue to transform the ways people communicate around the world, we are challenged as educators to consider not only how we help students learn but “toward what ends” we help students learn. The goals of this presentation were to challenge audience members’ ideas about both school and learning, inspire attendees to “do magic” with technology and students, and persuade educators to radically create and share.
This presentation is scheduled to start at 8:30 am Mountain time on Wednesday, August 7th, and it will be streamed live as a videoconference via VisionNet. I’m not sure if a web stream will be available but I think it might, follow the Twitter hashtag #mtedtech for updates in the morning if you’d like to tune in. I’ll also audio record the session for later sharing as a podcast.
Let the magic begin!
by Wesley Fryer
Links to all the breakout sessions and workshops I’ll be offering this week in Missoula are available on wiki.wesfryer.com.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Google Training and Learning Opportunities in Oklahoma - 2014
- Distressed Over the Rising Costs of College (and other things) - 2014
- More Than One Way to Orbit in Scratch - 2013
- Exploring Instructional Uses of YouTube with Lucy Gray (August 2012) - 2012
- Mobile E-Book Options for "On-the-Go" Readers - 2012
- Digital Textbooks using iBooks (August 2012) - 2012
- More Highlights from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Include Geo Location Info for iPhoto Exported Flickr Images - 2011
- MediaWiki spam cleanup recap and tutorial - 2010
- Podcast326: Reflections on the Google Teacher Academy - Boulder, Colorado - 2009