This morning I had an opportunity to share some ideas about technology integration with thirty PK-12 grade teachers in Velma, Oklahoma, which is about two hours southwest of Oklahoma City. I started by telling the story of how I messed up a couple years ago “oversharing” at my youngest daughter’s elementary school, when the principal asked me to give an after-school presentation about technology integration. That informed my thoughts and actions last year, when I loaned an iPad Mini to her teacher before Spring Break and taught her briefly how to use Book Creator for iPad. To hear Rachel’s version of this, see the video in the July post, “Rachel Shares a Story about a 3rd Grade Class Enhanced eBook.” Check out the final eBook in 4 different formats on ebooks.playingwithmedia.com/moore. After sharing that story, I basically stuck to the slides in the same presentation I created last week for the TechKnowledgy Conference in Montana.
I recorded most of my presentation this morning and used Audacity to edit out the turn/pair/share discussion times. After our break I forgot to turn on the recorder initially, so the recording starts in the middle of my description of paper slide videos. Prior to that, I helped teachers create narrated art projects using AudioBoo. These are the projects we recorded together today.
During our break and at some other times during the morning, I also shared/referenced the following websites and projects which I compiled into a list.ly collection.
If you’re interested in listening to most of this presentation, it’s available as an audio podcast on “Fuel 4 Educational Change Agents.”
I also recorded a twenty minute audio reflection using Spreaker on my drive home, which I titled “Reflections from the Oil Patch.”
If you have any feedback, comments or questions on any of this, I’d love to hear from you!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast393: Reflections on UnPlug'd 2012 with David Truss & Gail Lovely - 2012
- Evernote as a Syncable, Offline Database for High School CX Debate Evidence - 2011
- Strange podcast download spike - 2008
- Thoughts on video annotation and 1:1 computing - 2007
- Podcast179: Podcasting in the Elementary Classroom - A Conversation on EdTechTalk - 2007
- Use your school phone dialer to share podcasts with parents! - 2007
- Talking about podcasting with elementary students - 2007
- Update on "Invent the Future" After School Club / Scratch Programming - 2007
- Teaching with Videoconferencing - 2006
- Real or fake teaching test? - 2006