The official keynote description is:
Digital literacy today means much more than searching the Internet and using Microsoft Office. To be digitally literate, teachers as well as students need to be able to create and share online a variety of different multimedia products. These media products can be “mapped” to your curriculum, and if you’re in a Common Core state in the United States, to the Common Core State Standards. Interactive Writing, Narrated Art, 5 Photo Stories, Narrated Slideshows, Screencasts, Quick Edit Videos, and eBooks are a few of the media products learners should be able to create and safely share online. In this session, we’ll view different examples of student media products and learn about tools and strategies for helping teachers become digitally literate as “media mappers.” We’ll also explore how librarians and instructional coaches can use the “Mapping Media to the Curriculum” website as a roadmap to help teachers and students create media products as assignments for class and as artifacts in digital portfolios. Learn more and access session resources on maps.playingwithmedia.com.
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- First Android-Edited Video: WeVideo App - 2014
- Wii Remote Interactive Whiteboard for $60 - 2014
- Create iPad eBooks with Recorded Audio and Text Highlights FREE - 2013
- What is it about me you can’t teach? Five Simple Things to Reach Struggling Learners - 2012
- Present to 14 iPads Simultaneously with Idea Flight - 2011
- Lessons Learned About Enhanced or Multimedia EPUB eBook Validation - 2011
- Tell A Story in 5 Photos for Educators: S'mores! - 2010
- Discouraging lecture hall technology abuse - Encouraging interactive discussions - 2009
- iPhone GS Black Screen During Calls Mystery Solved - 2009
- Digital Witness to the U.S. Presidential Inauguration - 2009