This podcast is an audio recording of Autumn Laidler’s fantastic presentation, “Redefining the Science Classroom,” on August 16, 2013, at the iPad Academy of Chicago Public Schools. As an elementary teacher in a 1 to 1 iPad classrom, Autumn is a practical advocate for the SAMR model of technology integration and strives to help her students reach the transformative level of technology integration. The official session description was: In this session, participants will explore the use of multimedia science journals, blogs in the content area, and creation applications like iMovie. Learn how to create collaborative partnerships and projects with other classrooms and how to engage students in video creation and multimedia journaling in all subject areas, with specific examples for transforming science workshop.
- Autumn Laidler on Twitter: @MsLaidler
- Blog of Autumn Laidler: Science in the City
- SAMR (Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition) Model
- Student video example: Levers (iMovie for iPad Trailer)
- Student video example: The Food Chain (iMovie for iPad Trailer)
- How to Create Green Screen Movies in iMovie
- iMovie Trailer Planning Sheets from Craig Dwyer (@DwyerTeacher)
- Shared blog space examples: #BurNTA Bat Bonanza and #SOSChicago
- Ms. Laidler’s science classroom favorite apps
- Scientists on Twitter
- Puppet Pals Director HD for iPad
- Autumn Laidler’s Classroom Vimeo Channel
- Audio podcast from ISTE 2013: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom by Jennifer Magiera & Autumn Laidler
- Fuel 4 Educational Change Agents (secondary podcast channel by @wfryer)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Jonah Lehrer, Integrity and Quotation Fabrication: A Case Study in Writing Ethics - 2012
- Podcast355: Cool Tech Tools for the Classroom by Cheryl Freeman - 2010
- A New DNA of Pedagogy and Learning (YouTube video - Greg Whitby by Marco Torres) - 2010
- Great Lineup of Keynote Speakers for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Questioning the potential value of Skype and videoconferencing in the classroom? - 2009
- Another digital divide: Understanding Learning Community Power - 2009
- Webcasts tonight: Teachers are Talking and Storychasers - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education from Kirk Humphreys - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education by V. Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State Univ - 2008
- Notes from Dr. Pedro Noguera’s Keynote at BLC08: "Changing the Culture of Schools: Creating Conditions that Promote Student Achievement" - 2008