This podcast is an audio recording of Autumn Laidler’s fantastic presentation, “Redefining the Science Classroom,” on August 16, 2013, at the iPad Academy of Chicago Public Schools. As an elementary teacher in a 1 to 1 iPad classrom, Autumn is a practical advocate for the SAMR model of technology integration and strives to help her students reach the transformative level of technology integration. The official session description was: In this session, participants will explore the use of multimedia science journals, blogs in the content area, and creation applications like iMovie. Learn how to create collaborative partnerships and projects with other classrooms and how to engage students in video creation and multimedia journaling in all subject areas, with specific examples for transforming science workshop.
- Autumn Laidler on Twitter: @MsLaidler
- Blog of Autumn Laidler: Science in the City
- SAMR (Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition) Model
- Student video example: Levers (iMovie for iPad Trailer)
- Student video example: The Food Chain (iMovie for iPad Trailer)
- How to Create Green Screen Movies in iMovie
- iMovie Trailer Planning Sheets from Craig Dwyer (@DwyerTeacher)
- Shared blog space examples: #BurNTA Bat Bonanza and #SOSChicago
- Ms. Laidler’s science classroom favorite apps
- Scientists on Twitter
- Puppet Pals Director HD for iPad
- Autumn Laidler’s Classroom Vimeo Channel
- Audio podcast from ISTE 2013: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom by Jennifer Magiera & Autumn Laidler
- Fuel 4 Educational Change Agents (secondary podcast channel by @wfryer)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Jonah Lehrer, Integrity and Quotation Fabrication: A Case Study in Writing Ethics - 2012
- Podcast355: Cool Tech Tools for the Classroom by Cheryl Freeman - 2010
- A New DNA of Pedagogy and Learning (YouTube video - Greg Whitby by Marco Torres) - 2010
- Great Lineup of Keynote Speakers for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Questioning the potential value of Skype and videoconferencing in the classroom? - 2009
- Another digital divide: Understanding Learning Community Power - 2009
- Webcasts tonight: Teachers are Talking and Storychasers - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education from Kirk Humphreys - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education by V. Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State Univ - 2008
- Notes from Dr. Pedro Noguera’s Keynote at BLC08: "Changing the Culture of Schools: Creating Conditions that Promote Student Achievement" - 2008