Our family has owned a Lexmark printer, which has wireless printing capabilities, for at least 4 years. When we initially purchased it, however, I could not get it to successfully connect to our home wifi network at the time. Yesterday I gave this another try, however, and was successful thanks to this rather obscure Macrumors.com forum post where a contributor recommended:
…select “HP Jetdirect – Socket” in the Protocol drop down menu.
The provided Lexmark wireless setup application and print driver installed on my Mac laptop fine, but it wasn’t until I made this protocol change that I got my Mac laptop to successfully print wirelessly to the Lexmark. If, like me, you resort to Google to try and resolve this challenge, hopefully this post will help you.
The next printer we buy for our family will definitely be a “Google Cloud Print Ready” model. Our home Lexmark isn’t, which means for now (since we don’t keep the printer connected to a computer via USB) we can’t print wirelessly to it from our Chromebook.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Helping Parents in Prison Connect with their Children - 2011
- Volunteer for #k12online10 - 2010
- Used Access 95 book, anyone? - 2010
- An iPhone-recorded International Cooking Show Episode - 2009
- Media literacy, US Presidential elections, and assertions of infanticide support - 2008
- Podcast enclosure mystery: Help! - 2007
- The Children's Machine - 2006
- Farewell to a good friend - 2005
- Free PDF converters - 2005
- Cell phones in the developing world - 2005