(This is cross-posted from RedeemingTheFamily.org. For the past couple years I’ve been a volunteer with Redeeming the Family, an Oklahoma 501c3 nonprofit, which sends teams of volunteers into Oklahoma prisons to help parents who are inmates record DVD messages for their children: reading books to them and sharing messages of love. I strongly encourage you to view this narrated slideshow (playing the synchronized audio) and share this project with others in your state. Currently “The Messages Project” is only in 4 U.S. states: Virginia, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma. One non-profit has started to bring it to one California prison. Many people wonder what we can do to help children and families affected by incarceration. “Redeeming the Family” has a very positive and powerful answer to that question.)
On Friday, September 6, 2013, Redeeming the Family executive director Cheri Fuller shared a presentation for the “Oklahoma Children of Incarcerated Parents Task Force” in Oklahoma City. The slides and synchronized, recorded audio from that presentation are available in the following Slidecast on SlideShare. The presentation, before the question and answer period, was 35 minutes long.
Cheri shared three different video clips during her presentation. The complete video, “Found Causes: Redeeming the Family,” is available on YouTube.
Please consider making a financial donation now to help continue the work of Redeeming the Family in bringing The Messages Project to Oklahoma children with incarcerated parents.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Presenting with Keynote and Apple Watch - 2019
- Sample Popsicle Catapult for STEM Class - 2014
- Mirroring a Cohort WordPress Blog with Posterous - 2011
- Great tips for using iOS devices for classroom audio recording - 2010
- Lessons learned using PowerPoint Jeopardy Template (game) - 2010
- Great experiences today with Google Moderator and Wimba discussing Copyright - 2009
- Using Blogs and CoverItLive to Discuss President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Assume your inbox is public record - 2008
- Podcast189E: Things Mid-Del Learning Leaders Are Passionate About - 2007
- Convergence: iTunes and Cell Phones, iPod nano - 2005