This winter, from November 2013 through February 2014, I’ll be teaching a seven part course over interactive video (H.323 videoconferencing) on “Mapping Media to the Common Core” through Western Montana CSPD, VisionNet of Montana and the University of Montana. This course goes into detail about the first six products in the “Mapping Media” framework, and uses my eBook by the same name as our course text. I taught this course in the same format in Spring 2013. For $150 per person, or $100 per person if more than 2 people at your site register, you and teachers you know can participate in this unique, engaging, and inspiring blended learning experience. The session dates and topics are:
- Nov 7, 2013 Introduction
- Nov 21, 2013 Interactive Writing
- Dec 5, 2013 Narrated Art
- Dec 19, 2013 Five-Photo Story
- Jan 9, 2014 Radio Show
- Jan 23, 2014 Narrated Slideshow/Screencast
- Feb 13, 2014 Visual Notetaking & Course Wrap-up
Connection times each Thursday we meet will be:
- 3:30-5:00 pm (Pacific)
- 4:30-6:00 pm (Mountain)
- 5:30-7:00 pm (Central)
- 6:30-8:00 pm (Eastern)
More details are available on the following Google Doc. This seven part course has also been submitted to the CILC as an available professional development opportunity for teachers and librarians. You must attend sessions at a site which supports H.323 videoconferencing and connect over the internet to VisionNet’s bridge. This course is BYO-iPad, and some basic iPad skills are prerequisites. (Getting online, setting up email, installing apps, multitasking (switching between apps), copying/pasting, and screen capture.) Registration and videoconference connection details are included on the Google Doc. Please share this unique PD opportunity with other educators you know! Last spring we had 8 different sites in Montana participate, this time we’re opening up registration to sites outside of Montana. It would be great to have you and other educators at your school join us for this transformative learning opportunity!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reflections on Comancheria, Identity and Frontier Terrorism - 2017
- Igniting Innovation with the 2014 K-12 Online Conference - 2014
- Best iOS Apps for Audio Recording & Sharing (Oct 2012) - 2012
- The Digital Shift eConference Tomorrow & More iPad eBook Authoring Apps - 2012
- WordPress 3.01 Export Problems - 2010
- 1:1 in a High School Science Classroom - 2009
- More Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Reconsidering boundaries on K12Online Presentation Mirroring - 2008
- PD Reflection and Reflection on Cell Phones as Classroom Learning Tools - 2007