These are the slides I’m using for the opening keynote at the 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal, Quebec on Monday. Thanks to help from Susan VanGelder, I’m using a French pun for my keynote title, “Your Table[t]d’hôte Today.” This is a play on words since it’s the “tablet summit.” In French, it means “the menu.” I’m focusing on how the menu for students demonstrating their knowledge and understanding has exploded thanks to digital technologies like tablets. As teachers, we need to have the COURAGE to embrace these opportunities for TRANSFORMATIVE learning for students, and empower our students to “Map Media” to the curriculum in creative ways.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Comments to the Oklahoma City Board of Education: Oct 20, 2014 - 2014
- Great News for iPad Videographers (Open-In Audio Functionality Added to Pinnacle Studio) - 2013
- Introducing Your Next Educational Conference Speaker! - 2011
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- Chris Lehmann on School Change at Ignite Philly - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006