Update Dec 13th: The archived recording of this webinar in Adobe Connect is available.
These are my presentation slides for today’s free ISTE SIGML webinar, “Introduce Students to Coding with Hopscotch for iPad.” The webinar starts at 7 pm EST.
The session description is:
Hopscotch is a free iPad app which supports block-based programming, similar to Scratch software from MIT. In this webinar, grade 4-5 STEM teacher Dr. Wesley Fryer will demonstrate and explain how he uses Hopscotch to introduce his students to the basics of computer programming. With Hopscotch, he has helped students learn to create geometric pictures as well as simple games. Wes will also discuss a free eBook he published in November for the Hour of Code, “Hopscotch Challenges,” which provides an overview of Hopscotch along with suggested project ideas and tips for students and teachers to try using the app. Access Wes’ iPad Coding resources (including the free “Hopscotch Challenges” eBook) on http://stem.wesfryer.com/home/ipad-coding.
Please join us in SIGML’s Adobe Connect Room at http://bit.ly/18iXN96 on December 11 at 7 PM EST!
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 10 Things I Learned Visiting Egypt - 2017
- An Invitation: Share #BobTaughtMe - 2015
- Results of Grade 4-5 Interactive Writing School Survey (Oct 2014) - 2014
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced MinecraftEDU Challenges - 2013
- Milk Carton Recycling and Composting in Maine - 2010
- Adding a Flickr Contact on Apple TV - 2010
- Professional Portfolio and Resume Ideas - 2010
- Share the gift of Doodle this holiday season - for FREE! - 2008
- Movie trailers for books - Too bad they are not cross-platform compatible or published to permit feedback - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication - 2007