Update Dec 13th: The archived recording of this webinar in Adobe Connect is available.
These are my presentation slides for today’s free ISTE SIGML webinar, “Introduce Students to Coding with Hopscotch for iPad.” The webinar starts at 7 pm EST.
The session description is:
Hopscotch is a free iPad app which supports block-based programming, similar to Scratch software from MIT. In this webinar, grade 4-5 STEM teacher Dr. Wesley Fryer will demonstrate and explain how he uses Hopscotch to introduce his students to the basics of computer programming. With Hopscotch, he has helped students learn to create geometric pictures as well as simple games. Wes will also discuss a free eBook he published in November for the Hour of Code, “Hopscotch Challenges,” which provides an overview of Hopscotch along with suggested project ideas and tips for students and teachers to try using the app. Access Wes’ iPad Coding resources (including the free “Hopscotch Challenges” eBook) on http://stem.wesfryer.com/home/ipad-coding.
Please join us in SIGML’s Adobe Connect Room at http://bit.ly/18iXN96 on December 11 at 7 PM EST!
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced MinecraftEDU Challenges - 2013
- Milk Carton Recycling and Composting in Maine - 2010
- Adding a Flickr Contact on Apple TV - 2010
- Professional Portfolio and Resume Ideas - 2010
- Share the gift of Doodle this holiday season - for FREE! - 2008
- Movie trailers for books - Too bad they are not cross-platform compatible or published to permit feedback - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication - 2007
- December 6th videoconference from Pearl Harbor - 2007
- Broadband Boot Camp for Educators - 2007
- Please ask them to podcast, coach! - 2006