Please join me online tonight for a FREE webinar focusing on “digital writing” hosted by East Central ISD and Del Valle ISD in Texas. The title of my presentation is, “Mobile Writing on the Go with KidBlog and WordPress.” My presentation slides are available on SlideShare.
The webinar in Adobe Connect will start at 8 pm Eastern / 7 pm Central / 6 pm Mountain / 5 pm Pacific. Use this link to directly join the webinar. More information is also available about this digital writing webinar episode and the entire series.
I’ll be discussing the use of KidBlog and the free KidBlog app for iPad with my 4th and 5th grade STEM classes this semester, as well as the ways the free iOS WordPress app for iPhone can be used to blog “on the go.” I frequently post to my “Eyes Right” blog when I don’t have access to a laptop. It’s an ideal “blog on the go” app to post text, links, and images. I’ll also discuss how the free JetPack plugin for WordPress has an excellent mobile theme which will optimize images for people viewing your WordPress site on mobile devices.
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Great Posts on Interactive Writing (Blogging) - 2013
- Increasing STEM Interest via College Visits & Reflections - 2011
- TEDxOKC Self-Nomination: Balanced Filtering Online Gradebook - 2010
- Will Operation Chokehold Bring the AT&T Network to its Knees Friday? - 2009
- Dickens and more: Free eBooks on the iPhone - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication Ceremony Videos - 2007
- Enabling social bookmarking - 2007
- K12Online07 recommendations for Bud's Peer Teacher - 2007
- Making learning relevant - 2006
- Shining lights, finding nuggets, adding tools - 2006