Please join me online tonight for a FREE webinar focusing on “digital writing” hosted by East Central ISD and Del Valle ISD in Texas. The title of my presentation is, “Mobile Writing on the Go with KidBlog and WordPress.” My presentation slides are available on SlideShare.
The webinar in Adobe Connect will start at 8 pm Eastern / 7 pm Central / 6 pm Mountain / 5 pm Pacific. Use this link to directly join the webinar. More information is also available about this digital writing webinar episode and the entire series.
I’ll be discussing the use of KidBlog and the free KidBlog app for iPad with my 4th and 5th grade STEM classes this semester, as well as the ways the free iOS WordPress app for iPhone can be used to blog “on the go.” I frequently post to my “Eyes Right” blog when I don’t have access to a laptop. It’s an ideal “blog on the go” app to post text, links, and images. I’ll also discuss how the free JetPack plugin for WordPress has an excellent mobile theme which will optimize images for people viewing your WordPress site on mobile devices.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great Posts on Interactive Writing (Blogging) - 2013
- Increasing STEM Interest via College Visits & Reflections - 2011
- TEDxOKC Self-Nomination: Balanced Filtering Online Gradebook - 2010
- Will Operation Chokehold Bring the AT&T Network to its Knees Friday? - 2009
- Dickens and more: Free eBooks on the iPhone - 2008
- USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication Ceremony Videos - 2007
- Enabling social bookmarking - 2007
- K12Online07 recommendations for Bud's Peer Teacher - 2007
- Making learning relevant - 2006
- Shining lights, finding nuggets, adding tools - 2006