I’m particularly interested in seeing, experiencing “as a student,” and analyzing the way iTunesU provides and manages both course “to dos” and assignments. In the graduate courses taught last spring and this fall/spring semester for Western Montana CSPD the University of Montana (working with VisionNet of Montana for videoconferencing bridging), a “checklist app” or website which I could use in my course is something I’ve both wanted and needed. We used Edmodo last year and the Subtext iPad app, but neither (from what I know at this point) can provide the sort of task-based checklist features of iTunesU.
If you’ve taken and/or designed courses in iTunesU, how have you found this task/assignment checklist feature? How does it compare to other learning management systems you’ve used, either as a student or teacher/instructor? Are you aware of standalone checklist apps or websites which can be used for multiple students in a course? I’d like something which (ideally) has an optional Google account login, is free, and lets students both see and individually manage the tasks / to-do’s they have each week in their course.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Advice for Teachers Starting with Classroom Blogging - 2015
- Creativity, Connectedness and the Adjacent Possible - 2014
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Podcast387: TechShoppingCart Episode 11 – Christmas 2011 Apps and Gadgets - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun: The List! - 2010
- Learning about Scratch Basics (a podcast interview with 7 and 10 year olds) - 2010
- If you like Moving at the Speed of Creativity... - 2009
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008
- 4 Year Old Perceptions of Christmas - 2007