I’m particularly interested in seeing, experiencing “as a student,” and analyzing the way iTunesU provides and manages both course “to dos” and assignments. In the graduate courses taught last spring and this fall/spring semester for Western Montana CSPD the University of Montana (working with VisionNet of Montana for videoconferencing bridging), a “checklist app” or website which I could use in my course is something I’ve both wanted and needed. We used Edmodo last year and the Subtext iPad app, but neither (from what I know at this point) can provide the sort of task-based checklist features of iTunesU.
If you’ve taken and/or designed courses in iTunesU, how have you found this task/assignment checklist feature? How does it compare to other learning management systems you’ve used, either as a student or teacher/instructor? Are you aware of standalone checklist apps or websites which can be used for multiple students in a course? I’d like something which (ideally) has an optional Google account login, is free, and lets students both see and individually manage the tasks / to-do’s they have each week in their course.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Book Review: The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross - 2016
- Advice for Teachers Starting with Classroom Blogging - 2015
- Creativity, Connectedness and the Adjacent Possible - 2014
- Nook Tablet Plays Enhanced eBooks - 2011
- Podcast387: TechShoppingCart Episode 11 – Christmas 2011 Apps and Gadgets - 2011
- Directly Download the Playing with Media enhanced eBook to your iPad! - 2011
- iOS Apps for Productivity and Fun: The List! - 2010
- Learning about Scratch Basics (a podcast interview with 7 and 10 year olds) - 2010
- If you like Moving at the Speed of Creativity... - 2009
- UNICEF Photos of the Year Give Cause to Pause This Holiday Season - 2008