Update Dec 28th: The archive of our Google Hangout is available!
Please join Jason Neiffer, Jennie Magiera and I tomorrow at noon EST / 11 am CST / 10 am MST / 9 am PST for an impromptu Google Hangout: The 2014 EdTech Crystal Ball Webcast! The official description is:
Join Jason Neiffer, Jennie Magiera and Wesley Fryer as they discuss the future of educational technology (both predicted and hoped for) in 2014. Come peer through the crystal ball of edtech with us! Classroom 2.0 Live is taking the weekend off, so The 2014 EdTech Crystal Ball Webcast is here to meet your need for free, engaging, Saturday online professional development! Use the Twitter hashtag #edtech2014cb during the show to share comments and questions.
Add this event to your Google calendar and RSVP with this Google+ Event link. If I’ve set this up correctly, you should be able to view our Google Hangout On Air using that link. We’ll also tweet the live link to join tomorrow.
Here are some of the discussion questions we may address in the webcast:
- What are the most innovative schools and school districts going to keep doing in 2014 with educational technology?
- What educational technologies will “become normalized” in some schools in 2014?
- How will MOOCs evolve in 2014 and affect K-12 teachers and students?
- What policy changes will innovative schools make in 2014 to accommodate BYOD initiatives?
- What will innovative schools do in 2014 with respect to Internet content filtering?
- How will online schooling options / distance learning course options continue to mature in 2014?
- How important is a district-supported learning management system for scalable blended learning?
- What role will STEM education play in educational reform and transformation in 2014?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Help Ricky Wyatt's Family on Tues Dec 30th: Eat at S&B Burger in Norman, OK - 2014
- A Day of WordPress Website Updates - 2014
- Deleting Foursquare and Personal Privacy Boundaries - 2013
- When Photo Date Meta Info is Handy - 2011
- Virtual K12 Enrollments in White Oak PS, Oklahoma - 2010
- Apply to become an Apple Distinguished Educator in 2009 and ACOT2 - 2008
- Videos from the USS Oklahoma Memorial Dedication in December 2007 - 2008
- Fun with a Gore-Tex diagram - 2007
- Conference blogging and next year's personal / professional development - 2007