On New Year’s Eve, I found a golden retriever running loose in our neighborhood. He had a collar but no tag. We took him to a pet store on New Year’s Day to check for a microchip, unfortunately he didn’t have one. We posted 5 printed signs with his photo near the intersection where we found him on street signs, posted his photo to the FaceBook group OKC Pups, and reported him as found to the OKC Animal Shelter. Early this afternoon his owners came to our house and got him! It turns out they had posted about him being lost on Craigslist. My wife had checked Craigslist, but somehow missed this post.
A friend of the owners saw our post on OKC Pups, and told them about it. This afternoon I just had just read the owner’s reply to my Instagram photo post of the dog this morning on Twitter, when the doorbell rang. It was them! They had looked up our address in our elementary school directory, where their child attends school. Woo hoo for social media (AND an “old-school” printed school directory) helping bring a lost golden retriever home!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast463: Reflections on The Florida Project Movie - 2019
- Guidelines for Digital Sharing - 2019
- Create a Personal Publication Archive with Open Journal Systems (OJS) - 2014
- Teaching is a moral calling (Will someone please tell Arne and Barack?) - 2011
- iPad Fever and 1 to 1 Learning Lessons from the Experts - 2011
- Favorite Picture Books About Maine - 2011
- Enabling YouTube Comment Moderation (Screenr Screencast Tutorial) - 2010
- A holiday lesson in ethics via Webkinz - 2009
- A blast back to my podcasting past - 2008
- Want E-learning job leads? Get Linked-In! - 2008