I received an email question this week from another teacher in our district about how she can best help students use Creative Commons licensed images for their class presentations. This was my answer.
My new favorite way to have students create presentations with Creative Commons images is to use the free app or website Haiku Deck:
Students enter keywords and the app or website builds a PowerPoint presentation (which they can also import into an app like Explain Everything) with related images. It even puts the attribution website addresses at the bottom of each slide! It’s amazing and the only thing like it I’ve seen to date.
Other options are use the Flickr Creative Commons image search site:
I would go with Haiku Deck… I think the image filtering there is better. Always the possibility of finding inappropriate images with image searches, so it’s something to be aware of.
I hope this helps! More image search options are on:
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- The Value of Good Design - 2011
- Configuring WordPress for Mobile Theme Compatibility with WP-Super Cache - 2010
- Podcast336: Personal Updates and Voices of ACTEM - Talking with Richard Byrne, Bob Sprankle and Kern Kelley - 2010
- Cloud computing lesson from Mobile Me Wrestling: Offline Backups - 2009
- Beware of outdated links and mailto links - 2008
- Political emails fly fast, but are readers validating content? - 2008
- IM on iPhone - 2008
- Podcast215: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast03 - Strategies for Helping Teachers Integrate Technology - 2008
- Student laptops a menace? - 2006
- Songs for Teaching - 2006