Thanks to recommendations from fantastic Chicago educators Carolyn Skibba and Jennie Magiera, the iPads in my classroom cart now have protective covers! These were VERY inexpensive and while not the most protective and padded cases on the market, they WERE very affordable and are MUCH better than the zero/zilch protection we had previously. I’m also very pleased with how easily they fit into my Bretford iPad Cart.
Since the numbers on the back of the iPads are no longer visible with the cases on, it’s important we have numbers as the iPad wallpaper to identify iPads. I’m using the shared wallpaper images Jennie referenced in her January 2012 post, “Some iPad Management Tips, Part 2!”
The specific cases we ordered are Cbus Flex-Gel iPad cases. They cost $5 each and come in a variety of colors from Amazon.
If you’ve got the funds, Jennie now recommends the Otterbox Defender iPad case instead.
Do you have a different iPad case you like that’s affordable and fits in a Bretford iPad Cart?
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Great Class Castle Build in MinecraftEDU - 2015
- Toffler on Feeling Overwhelmed (in 1980) - 2013
- Scratch Playing with Media Friday Meetup Cancelled (8 Feb 2013) - 2013
- Playing with FeedWordPress: Planning for the Classroom Newspaper of Now - 2013
- Don't Blame School Officials if Your Child Chooses to Look at Porn on His Laptop - 2012
- Individual vs Team Blogs for PreService Edu Students (Comparing KidBlog & EduBlogs) - 2011
- Dangerous Winter Temperatures - Snow in Houston! - 2011
- Ideas for a Google Reader Assignment? - 2011
- IMPACT Oklahoma Grant Workshop 2010 Notes - 2010
- A case study on why team blog MODERATION is essential in schools - 2010