Dodge City, Kansas (USD 443) is 1:1 with iPads for students and teachers in grades K-12. This past Monday, I had an opportunity to join PBL-guru Ginger Lumen and many other educators in Dodge City for a day of professional development focused on digital literacy and blended learning. We enjoyed two keynotes from Curtis Chandler and Mark Klassen, which were both challenging and thought provoking. Mark is a 2012 high school graduate and currently a cinematographer. He shared the closing keynote at the 2013 Podstock conference in Wichita, Kansas. As I did for my tweets at #EdCampOKC last Saturday, I created a Storify archive of the tweets I shared during both keynotes and at other times during the day on Monday in Dodge City. 46 of these tweets are also available in my personal TweetNest Twitter archive. Resources for my breakout sessions on Monday in Dodge City are also available. I shared workshops on “Digital Literacy” (Mapping Media to the Common Core) and “Creating Enhanced/Multimedia eBooks with Students,”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Twitter Archived Learning from EdCampOKC 2014 - 2014
- Empowering Digital Witnesses to Preserve and Share Family Stories - 2013
- Turn Off AudioBoo Comments - 2012
- iOS Apps by Genre and Every Day Apps #edapp - 2011
- Register for #iste11 BYOL: Simple Ideas for Powerful Sharing - 2011
- WordPress OKC Feb 2010 User’s Group Notes - 2010
- K12Online Conference Echo Webcasts - 2010
- A superintendent for whom I'd like to work - 2008
- Google Notebook article - 2007
- More than the 3 R's? - 2007