EdCampOKC was a great success last weekend on February 15th, and at least three other EdCamps are coming up this spring, summer and fall you won’t want to miss if you’re an educator living in or near Oklahoma. Here’s the information about these upcoming EdCamps emailed out by EdCampOKC organizers tonight. (Remember all EdCamps are FREE!)
EdCamp Tulsa (Saturday, March 29, 2014)
Ready for another EdCamp soon? You’re in luck: EdCamp Tulsa is coming on Saturday, March 29, 2014! Their latest tweet indicates registration could open as soon as this Wednesday. Follow @EdCampTulsa on Twitter to stay updated.
EdCamp Kansas (Friday, June 13, 2014)
Make plans to attend the second annual EdCamp Kansas in Andover, Kansas (southeast of Wichita) on Friday, June 13, 2014. Registration is open via EventBrite. For updates follow @EdCampKS on Twitter and visit the official EdCamp Kansas website on Blogger.
EdCamp Stillwater (Saturday, September 20, 2014)
Information about an upcoming “PlayDate” conference was also sent out by EdCampOKC organizers:
One of the follow-up ideas to EdCampOKC discussed last Saturday was hosting a “PlayDate” conference in our area. The teachers who founded of these unique PD gatherings write:
PLAYDATE is a space for us to come together and collaboratively explore these tools we’ve always wanted to learn more about. The concept is to invite educators from around the area to join together on one day, sit in a room for a few hours and just play. They will collaborate to learn about EdTech apps, programs and tools with one another. There are no presenters in the room, no experts and no agenda. Simply time to play, tinker, and explore.
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Text Complexity for Common Core State Standards by Linda Everett - 2012
- Recent Developments in Oklahoma Teacher Evaluation by Louis Barlow - 2012
- Developing Student Thinking Skills for College, Career and Citizenship by Rebecca Wilkinson #ccss - 2012
- The Future is Now: IT in Common Core by Nick Migliorino - 2012
- Springer & Monson to Barresi: You Don't Have the Right to Take Over Our Public Schools in Oklahoma - 2012
- Fund the Dreams of Students Through The Generation Project - 2011
- Silvia Tolisano on Skype in the Classroom and Digital Storytelling - 2010
- Personalized Digital Newspapers - 2010
- Explorations enroute to and in Christchurch, New Zealand - 2009
- Compelling Oklahoma Oral Histories - 2008