EdCampOKC was a great success last weekend on February 15th, and at least three other EdCamps are coming up this spring, summer and fall you won’t want to miss if you’re an educator living in or near Oklahoma. Here’s the information about these upcoming EdCamps emailed out by EdCampOKC organizers tonight. (Remember all EdCamps are FREE!)
EdCamp Tulsa (Saturday, March 29, 2014)
Ready for another EdCamp soon? You’re in luck: EdCamp Tulsa is coming on Saturday, March 29, 2014! Their latest tweet indicates registration could open as soon as this Wednesday. Follow @EdCampTulsa on Twitter to stay updated.
EdCamp Kansas (Friday, June 13, 2014)
Make plans to attend the second annual EdCamp Kansas in Andover, Kansas (southeast of Wichita) on Friday, June 13, 2014. Registration is open via EventBrite. For updates follow @EdCampKS on Twitter and visit the official EdCamp Kansas website on Blogger.
EdCamp Stillwater (Saturday, September 20, 2014)
Information about an upcoming “PlayDate” conference was also sent out by EdCampOKC organizers:
One of the follow-up ideas to EdCampOKC discussed last Saturday was hosting a “PlayDate” conference in our area. The teachers who founded of these unique PD gatherings write:
PLAYDATE is a space for us to come together and collaboratively explore these tools we’ve always wanted to learn more about. The concept is to invite educators from around the area to join together on one day, sit in a room for a few hours and just play. They will collaborate to learn about EdTech apps, programs and tools with one another. There are no presenters in the room, no experts and no agenda. Simply time to play, tinker, and explore.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Hashtag Power of #HongKongProtests, Twitter Bots, PsyOps and Media Literacy - 2020
- Text Complexity for Common Core State Standards by Linda Everett - 2012
- Recent Developments in Oklahoma Teacher Evaluation by Louis Barlow - 2012
- Developing Student Thinking Skills for College, Career and Citizenship by Rebecca Wilkinson #ccss - 2012
- The Future is Now: IT in Common Core by Nick Migliorino - 2012
- Springer & Monson to Barresi: You Don't Have the Right to Take Over Our Public Schools in Oklahoma - 2012
- Fund the Dreams of Students Through The Generation Project - 2011
- Silvia Tolisano on Skype in the Classroom and Digital Storytelling - 2010
- Personalized Digital Newspapers - 2010
- Explorations enroute to and in Christchurch, New Zealand - 2009